TMC Construction Company began it business life in 1948 as a sole proprietorship named Tom McCord Construction Company. The company grew as it was engaged in residential and small commercial projects. In 1956 the company joined, and still maintains its membership, as one of the longest continual members of the Associated General Contractors of Georgia. The company has always maintained the principles of both our founder, Mr. McCord, and our association the AGC, to do a quality job, and please the customer with skill, integrity, and responsibility.
In 1957 the company incorporated, and in 1963 Douglas Hawks, Sr., its current CEO, joined the firm. After the tragic death of our founder, Mr. McCord in an airplane crash while on a hunting trip in Colorado the company changed ownership in 1977 from the McCord family to Mr. Hawks, and two other principles in the firm that had worked with the company since its founding. At this time the name of the company was changed to TMC Construction Company, Inc.
In 1989 Douglas Hawks, Jr. joined the company after earning a degree in construction management in 1984, and working as a project manager for Racetrac Petroleum after college. After serving as project manager, and VP of Construction, he was named President of the company in 1999. In 1991 Kathy Peeler, who has spent her entire career working in the construction industry, joined the company. She is Secretary of the corporation, and oversees all office operations.